Friday 8 February 2013

Creative 7:1



A WOODEN TREE





I had to start with A Wooden Tree, aka, Kirsty Anderson.

Kirsty is an inspiration... As you can see above her work is faaaaaantastic. Using reclaimed fabrics, she creates new lovely jubbily creatures out of granny's old curtains and table covers, etc.  With a vintage style, her works are timeless, quirky and like her, down to earth. 

No home is a home without something from A Wooden Tree (pretty sure I have at least four items). 

We first met at the first ever Tea Cosy event back in 2009 and I was lucky enough to be asked to exhibit alongside Kirsty at the Foyer Gallery in Aberdeen.  

I have majorly grown in confidence with my own work since then and Kirsty has always been there to answer my continuously worried and silly questions and supported me.  I will always respect her for that.  
Check her out at www.awoodentree.com






No comments:

Post a Comment